RE: AUS - Wet Amaroo

To: "'Jeremy Braithwaite'" <100240.2425@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: AUS - Wet Amaroo
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 07:40:44 +-1100
Jeremy....

"<< Terry had the throttle jam open on the Beetle>>

I'm surprised he noticed any difference ..... <vbg>"

I'll let Marc Ablaza in the Philippines defend the honour of the VW =
brigade.

"Andrew I haven't raced a taxi for 21 years (RS2000 and 1 point in the
Australian Touring Car Championship ... my only claim to fame!) ... not
sure I remember how. <g>"

For the benefit of our other list members, my Oxford is often referred =
to as "that Indian taxicab" - the design was sold to India to become the =
Hindustan Ambassador - thus, I am asked by scrutineering (tech check) =
where I have put the meter and for hire signs, etc (such is the price of =
being eccentric and driving something completely different!).

"<<Saab .. more trouble in under 500 miles than any LBC - if this is =
typical
of the marque, don't buy a SAAB>>

When are we going to organise your media event in front of the =
dealership?=20
Suggest you post the problems in this thread so people don't complain =
about
it being a non related topic.  "

If I posted the whole sorry saga I would kill bandwidth for the next =
week and Mark would throw me off the Team.Net lists - I couldn't live =
without the regular mix of banter and technical information - so, no go.

........regards....Andrew "Axeman" Pursey=20
1954 Morris Oxford, 1955 Morris Oxford (racing in Group Na pre'58 =
Classic Saloons), 1955 Morris Isis, 1956 Morris Isis, 1994 Land Rover =
Discovery, plus 1996 SAAB 900S Coupe (more trouble in under 500 miles =
than any LBC - if this is typical of the marque, don't buy a SAAB)