Healey videos for charity

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, britishcars@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Healey videos for charity
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thrunet.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 23:27:57 -0600
To all,

There's been quite a lot of interest in the Team Thicko racing videos...
many requests to purchase them. As I've stated before, I'm not in the
business of selling tapes... but I will make this offer...

I'll compile three years worth of race videos that include the VSCDA's
Vintage Fall Festival at Road America in 1994, the Chicago Historic
Races at Road America in 1995, and The Chicago Historic Races featuring
the Can Am reunion of 1996. Featured in these videos are footage  Tom
Kovacs' faithful recreation of the first Healey Special Test Car NOJ 391
diven by Phil Coombs, Dan Pendergrafts #106 driven by Dan one year, then
Phil the next ( 2:46, with lot's of in-car camera) and in-car footage
from the Team Thicko MKII 948cc Sprite that manages the 4.0 mile Road
America circuit in 3:02 (when it runs).

These videos are a compilation of videos gathered from friends and
family at the track, in-car cameras, and professional work. So the video
quality varies greatly, but I think will please those of you that love
Healeys, racing, or Road America. (You'll see plenty of Jags, Ferraris,
Triumphs, etc....mostly being passed!)

The proceeds, not just the profit, will go to the Geoff Healey Memorial
Fund that was created by Healey lover Bill Bolton. The Memorial is
located on the bank of the Rogue River, in Grants Pass, Oregon at
Shroeder Park.  There is a very nice Memorial Plaque installed with a
profile likeness of Geoff set in bronze.   The Memorial is dedicated to
the fishermen of the Rogue River as fishing was Geoff's preferred
leisure interest.

I'll put all three of these videos on one VHS tape,(NTSC format for the
US... PAL for those outside the border). The cost will be $25 US
including shipping for NTSC, and $30 US for PAL copies outside of the
US. Make the check or money order out to the Geoff Healey Memorial Fund.
(sorry, no credit cards.) If you'd like to donate more than the asking
price, please do so. I bought my first Healey in 1974 and still have it.
Healeys have given me great joy from many hours of driving, racing, and
rebuilding. Very few cars were guided through their production span by
the name on the grille badge. The Healeys were very personally involved.

Make the check or money order out to...

The Geoff Healey Memorial Fund
P.O. Box 1048
Lake Villa, IL 60046