Re: intro: me & my Italia

To: Grand_Wazoo@mail.flinet.com
Subject: Re: intro: me & my Italia
From: "Mike Engard" <mikee@home.bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:05:53 -5
Dear Grand...or is that Dear G.Wazoo...howzabout..Dear Mike;
    Thanks for the tips so far. If you check out my website at
www.ragtops.com look in the 'showroom' and you'll find a picture of
Dave's Italia that we restored about a year ago. Dave owned his
Italia when I met him 12 years ago, and even tho they always say
don't do business with friends, we did it anyway. We're still good
friends and the car is done. The car I'm buying belongs to another
mutual friend who can't afford to restore either the Italia or his
Karmann Ghia. I offered to trade some work on the Ghia for the Italia
and it should be mine by spring. The car I'm getting is missing a lot
of trim, both interior and exterior (some of it went to Dave's car,
the rest just disappeared over the years) and since it's all
unavailable I felt a retoration was out of the question. A race car
doesn't need any of that stuff so this seemed like a good idea. I'm
sure there will be times during the next several years when I will
doubt the wisdom of this decision but for now I'm revved up.
    It seems several people tried to contact me and had trouble.
WE've contacted our sever (bell.atlantic) and would urge you all to
try again. mikee@ragtops.com

thanks

Mike Engard
1980 TR7,  1970 Rover 3500S