Racing & Back Injuries...

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Racing & Back Injuries...
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 19:38:33 -0500 (EST)
Hi all!  I'm VERY glad to be back after being off-line and completely out of
service for a couple of weeks with a bad back.  Turns out I had a herniated
disk and pinched the siatic (sp?) nerve causing EXTREME pain in my left leg.
 I was completely incapacitated and unable to walk or even sit.

Fortunately, I am now recovering, and am becoming mobile again, but have a
question....Have any of you fellow vintage racers suffered from this problem
(this was my first experience with it), and have you found that driving
exacerbates or complicates this type of injury?   I'm interested to hear any
of your experiences or advice.

Thanks and regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
Lotus Cortina #128