Re: Vintage Wheels ?

To: "Christopher H. Kang, MD" <chkangmd@qnis.net>,
Subject: Re: Vintage Wheels ?
From: Chris Harwood <harwooc@govonca.gov.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 97 08:39:51 -0500
Chris

Good to hear that another Chris is doing a simlar project! I'm in the
very early stages of doing the same with a 70 Europa S2 (type54). My car
came with a nice set of original Cosmics, my main interest is what legal
engine mods can I do?

Up here in Canada the "look" doesn't matter the main criteria would be
wheel size (the following comes from the latest edition of the VARAC rule
book.

1) diameter no more than 10% from that orignally fitted
2) Size of wheels no more than 1" larger than nominal - Track can't
increase by more than 1"
3) Tires - NO Slicks

I also suggest you look at the SVRA rules for the Lotus. I have a copy @
home and will send you the info this evening.

Chris Harwood
70 Europa S2 Type 54