liability

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: liability
From: VEENET@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 19:13:08 -0400
As an example of the other side of the coin, at a recent vintage event a gust
of wind out of nowhere picked up my canopy , including the wheels and tires
that were supposed to hold things down, and deposited everything on the Very
Expensive racer sitting in the next paddock space.It was in the evening and
no one was around . I had visions of a very uncomfortable, embarrassing and
possibly expensive scene the next day when I had to face the owner of the
Very Expensive racer ,whom I did not know.Imagine my surprise, not to mention
relief, when this gentleman, after surveying the minor but nevertheless very
noticeable nicks and scratches and small dents on his otherwise spotless race
car, and listening to my explanation and apologies, turned to me and said;
    "Don't worry about it, things happen, I've done worse things to it
myself,and it can be fixed. Relax and enjoy your weekend"!!!!!!!!
This is the spirit that makes Vintage racing and most vintage racers so
enjoyable.      Jerry Burr