Re: NACA Duct Design?

To: tinkersdamn@abac.com
Subject: Re: NACA Duct Design?
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 9:32:18 PDT
Isn't it possible to just buy pre-formed NACA ducts? Why go to all the
trouble of fabricating to a formula when you can buy something that
is pretty close? I think I saw them in the Pegasus catalogue.

> I am restoring a 1972 B/SR car that originally had large NACA ducts in
> the doors.  These ducts the aerodynamic ducts still used in sports
> racing cars and the windows of NASCAR cars.  I know there is a very
> strict formula for their design but have been unable to find it.  Does
> anyone know the formula for the dimensions or somewhere to search?

You might also ask a race car fabricator in your area. No doubt he'll
try to sell you some he makes. ;=)