Re: I'm Desperate!

To: Dave_Lapham-RMFV10Q@email.sps.mot.com, British-Cars@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: I'm Desperate!
From: kedwards@norfolk.infi.net (Keith A. Edwards)
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 10:10:49 -0400 (EDT)
At 09:18 PM 5/15/96 -0500, Dave_Lapham-RMFV10Q@email.sps.mot.com wrote:

>   I'm Desperate!
>  I am going to miss the vintage race this weekend unless I can quickly
>locate a rebuild kit for my front disk brakes.  I need the O-Rings for (get
>this) a Vanden Plas Princess 3-Liter.
>
>  Twice I've ordered the kits, twice I've gotten wrong parts.
>
>  If anyone knows of a place in North America that might have the necessary
>kits in stock, please respond to this email address or the one at the bottom
>of this message.
>
>  Uh, no I'm not racing a VDP Princess, but these are the brakes I have put
>on my big Healey.

>   Dave Lapham     HEALEY@OAKHILL.sps.mot.com     Austin, TX
>      Sometimes I think I'm having fun with my cars ...
>     ... and sometimes I think they're having fun with me !

I have a '54 Austin Princess Vanden Plas limo with the 3990cc engine (the 6
cylinder engine on which the 2660cc Austin-Healey 100 engine is based).

Thought it would be great for towing my TR3B racecar, with all that torque.
Never got around to working much on it, although I did rebuild the front
brakes (drums).  At the time I bought it 15 years ago, it was the first car
purchase in a number of years that I managed to drive home.

There is a place that advertises in Hemmings that specializes in Princess
parts. Eagle Classics, Ltd. in Tennessee lists a free catalog.  Their number
is 423-688-8108.

Perhaps this will help you.

--
Keith Edwards