VR chassis for sale/trade

To: "Vintage racers" <vintage-race@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: VR chassis for sale/trade
From: "Michael Nugent, Ph.D." <M-D-Nugent@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 96 01:00:59 UT
I'm in the process of transferring mechanicals from our Porsche 914 vintage
racer to a street-licensed 914 chassis.  When I'm finished, I'll have a
(spare) chassis with Ginther windscreen, lightened/pinned lids, lightened
doors, '70s rollbar, aluminum dash, etc. - a very low serial number
manufactured in July, 1969, and raced in early '70s ICSCC events (also has
SOVREN logbook).  The chassis's straight; my sole reason for the transfer was
to be able to be able to drive to and from autocrosses and maybe a PCA tour.

Anybody have any ideas about who might be interested in the assembled
chassis/body or its race bodyparts?  It seems a shame to haul a genuine,
former club racer to a scrap yard, but the parts aren't stock enough for
salvage yards (they say they don't have much call for a pinned front hood with
the cross-bracing cut out).  I'd be willing to swap for an equal value of
parts or services, if that's a possibility.

Any ideas appreciated; need to make room in the garage!

                Mike - Kent, WA
                M-D-Nugent@msn.com