I had a ball at the last race of the season at TWS

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: I had a ball at the last race of the season at TWS
From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (James A. Isbell)
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 1995 20:31:54 -0600
Up to now I have only raced my BIG Jaguar XJ6 sedan.  This last weekend I
raced the Lola T540.  What a differance!  Its like apples and oranges.

What a kick in the ass.  Comming out of turn 12 onto the straight is like
being shot out of a sling shot!  Its not your dadys Jaguar!

The first race I learned that the posted times are the time the pace car
heads out onto the track, not the time to head for the grid!  I was five
laps late getting started and finished 7 laps down.  I also learned how not
to take turn 10 unless you want to spin in turn 11.

The second race I began to find the line.  I started on time and finished
down only 4 laps!

The third race I learned that if you pass them at the start before turn 1
you have already saved some problems later.  I was gridded dead last and was
barely out of turn 12 when the green came out.  I nailed the accelerator and
pased 3 cars before the S/F.  That saves work later.  This race I finished
down only 2 laps!

At that rate I should win next time right?  But who cares, it was a blast!
--
                                                            Jim

  "Better an outlaw than not free."
                         Nance O'Neil