Re: Mid-Ohio / Alfa Convention

To: gshell@iac.net (Gary Shell), vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio / Alfa Convention
From: jimf42@mcs.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 95 23:47 CDT
<-

>I've avoided the SVRA Mid Ohio event because of the complaints
>regarding the track's "al a carte" charges and overzealous rules.

 <clip>

>Jim Hayes    jeh@fotec.com  tel:1-800-537-8254   fax:1-617-241-8616

Jim,

Can you elaborate on the "al a carte" charges.  Do you mean as a participant
or spectator?  I've been going to MidOhio since 1969 and am on a one man
crusade to see if I can find out why the vintage event has slipped.

No a la carte charges that I noticed.  I know the motor homes had to cough up
$100 for the 4 day weekend...but it was much cheaper than local motels.  I
paid no other charges other than my entry fee.

                Jim Fuerstenberg
                jimf42@mcs.com

          "British marshals, ever at the forefront in motor racing
          safety, were the first to use cement dust on oil spilt on
          the circuit."(Raymond Baxter at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
(June, 1994)

          "Or need to..." (anonymous spectator)