Spridget Race Bits

To: "Vintage Racers" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spridget Race Bits
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 12 Jun 1995 13:30:37 U
        Reply to:   Spridget Race Bits
On  6/12/95 1:02 PM   Glenn Hudson wrote:

> I'm in the process of slowing changing my 67' Sprite into a
> vintage racer and I need the following used parts:
> Three into one header for 1275
> K&N filters
> 13X5 minilite replica wheels
> fuel cell
> 16" or smaller steering wheel

  I don't have any spare bits, but thought I'd mention that
Jensen-Healey wheels will fit onto a Spridget.  They are
five inches wide and have an acceptable offset, although
they might need a small spacer for the rear wheels.  I'm
not a Sprite expert, but it seems that the clearance for the
rear spring is slightly less on the right-hand side than on
the left.  Or am I just crazy and/or in possession of a weird
car?

Also, do you really want a 16" wheel?  That seems large
for a Sprite.

Actually, I'm somewhat interested in what you're up to since
I have a Midget that I work on in my spare time with the idea
of vintage racing it.  Not that I ever have any spare time, mind
you, what with keeping the big Healey going and all . . .

  --  Dave L.