tvr

Operating Temp of my 2500M question

To: TVRLIST <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Operating Temp of my 2500M question
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:11:25 -0800
Got the sucker insured on Fri and have driven almost every day so far ! (Blue
sky and sun shine) but cold... by our standards, around 6 degrees Celsius.

I have a 20" x 22" radiator with a 15" fan. My Smiths temp gauge goes up to 140
degrees (F). I find that running around in the car the operating temp is 138
degrees (F).

No, I can not recall what thermostat I have in the car and yes the big fan is
running. Is this a standard operating temperature ? It's bound to go up in the
summer.... are the Temp gauges in these cars next to useless as they don't go
past 140 F ?? Will I have a problem ?

Thanks, Pat

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list