tvr

Racing TVR's

To: <KWall73108@aol.com>, <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing TVR's
From: "ibennett" <ibennett@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:11:28 -0500
Hi,
I have a Griff 200 (# 017) which has been inspected by Mike Mooney and Bill
Seitz (both worked for Jack Griffith).  Mike was a test driver, Bill was a
machinist.  They have both inspected my car (as well as Fred McKenny) and
confirmed it to be 1 of 3 "lightweight" racers.  Bill and Mike pointed out
several factory (Long Island) modifications done for racing.  This included
a roll bar and special brake line shielding welded to the original chassis.
He said it was a good chance that Donahue had raced the car.  Though it is
an early serial number it was not  first titled until 1966...Mike said this
is because the car was a factory "mule" in which new ideas were sometime
tested and so the car was kept around and not sold until towards the "end".
The car is awaiting a full restoration.  I am going to get the chassis
rolling before I start, hopefully this summer. I still need many parts
though I do have a new chassis to start with.  I don't know if anyone has
any more documentation on this car.  Also I don't know that much about the 3
"lightweight racers" but from what I heard these were 3 cars with
significantly lighter bodies from TVR, Ltd.  Can anyone help??

Irv

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
///