tvr

Re: Vixen Front Uprights

To: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Vixen Front Uprights
From: Dr John Upham <webmaster@ukmotorsport.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 22:57:51 +0100
Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX wrote:

> John, off the top of my head, I thought the TR6 rack and pinion was about 4
> steering wheel rotations lock to lock, and the Spitfire rack was about 2.75
> rotations lock to lock? Comments anybody??

  You may well be correct. I will test it shortly. I now have two Vixen
  S3s (always useful for MoT purposes: did I say that?) and can compare
  the two. The new one is white but the reg document says its yellow
  whereas my restoration is (Lotus Elise Norfolk Mustard) yellow anyway.
  Its a superb yellow and good qaulity modern paint.

  Has anyone replaced the glass in the window frames: bugger of a job
  I must say. There are some horrible bits of bodging to make the
  window frame including nasty brackets to hold the triangular bit
  in!

  Regards,

--
Dr John Upham, The UKMotorSport Index,