Re: [TR] wiper box question - shims

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] wiper box question - shims
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 18:08:35 -0700

--------------Z0bVtj3wphlrkjqOM0T2jeGb

Soda cans make great shims.  You can cut with regular scissors and fold
to make it thicker.

Brian

On 9/6/2022 8:44 AM, Greg Lemon wrote:
> Sorry, totally misunderstood the question. Thought you were talking
> about inside the wiper box.  Lots of answers, as noted you don't need
> something to shim around the whole thing just jam in one one side
> should make it tight enough.  Feeler guage stock, aluminum can, thin
> sheet brass (available at hobby lobby or hobby Towne).  Alternative
> would be adhesives, small hole and dowel or set screw (if you have
> sacrificial wiper arms too.
>
> Greg Lemon
> TR250
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2022, 9:41 AM Cliff Hansen <cliff_hansen@outlook.com>
> wrote:
>
>     What about a squirt of caulk? It should hold the wiper blade on
>     until you get home, and be easier to clean off than other products.
>
>     Cliff
>
>     Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>
>     for Windows

  <head>
  </head>
    Soda cans make great shims.  You can cut with regular scissors and
    fold to make it thicker.<br>
    Brian<br>
cite="mid:CAFtw3aaZb15Aso-RbjY4mC-i9xYq_UJXVgX6OkYARWKma6daRg@mail.gmail.com">
          Thought you were talking about inside the wiper box.  Lots of
          answers, as noted you don't need something to shim around the
          whole thing just jam in one one side should make it tight
          enough.  Feeler guage stock, aluminum can, thin sheet brass
          (available at hobby lobby or hobby Towne).  Alternative would
          be adhesives, small hole and dowel or set screw (if you have
          sacrificial wiper arms too.</div>
            Cliff Hansen &lt;<a href="mailto:cliff_hansen@outlook.com";
              target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext">cliff_hansen@outlook.com</a>&gt;
            wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
              style="word-wrap:break-word" lang="EN-US">
                  should hold the wiper blade on until you get home, and
                  be easier to clean off than other products.</p>
                    href="https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986";
                    rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">
                    Mail</a> for Windows</p>
              <hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%">
                id="m_-4105311251074149102m_7272926828022124303divRplyFwdMsg"
                dir="ltr"><font style="font-size:11pt" face="Calibri,
                  sans-serif" color="#000000"><b>From:</b> Triumphs &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net";
                    rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                  on behalf of Paul Tegler &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:ptegler@verizon.net"; rel="noreferrer
                    noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">ptegler@verizon.net</a>&gt;<br>
                  <b>To:</b> <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
                  &lt;<a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>&gt;;
                  Dave Connitt &lt;<a href="mailto:dconnitt@fuse.net";
                    rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">dconnitt@fuse.net</a>&gt;<br>
                  <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] Windshield wiper wheel box
                  question</font>
                      way around.... quick and
                      dirty sacrifice.... local auto parts store ... buy
                      a set of blade feeler <br>
                      gauges. The thinner gauges should make perfectly
                      selectable shim stock <br>
                      to jam the blades in place. They should be thin
                      enough to cut with a <br>
                      pair of scissors<br>
                      ptegler<br>
                      On 9/5/2022 11:27 AM, Dave Connitt wrote:<br>
                      &gt; Hi all,<br>
                      &gt; I need suggestions on how to shim or increase
                      the diameter of the knurled portion of my driver
                      side wheel box until I get back from Watkins Glen
                      next week. I have a set of original wheel boxes
                      but there is no way I can get them swapped in
                      before we leave this Thursday. For instance, Is
                      there some type of shim stock/adhesive combination
                      I could wrap around the knurled wheel on the wheel
                      box?<br>
                      &gt; Thanks,<br>
                      &gt; Dave Connitt<br>
                      &gt; Sent from my iPhone<br>
                      &gt; ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
                      **<br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Donate: <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                      &gt; Archive: <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                      &gt;<br>
                      &gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/ptegler@verizon.net";
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        class="moz-txt-link-freetext">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/ptegler@verizon.net</a><br>
                      -- <br>
                      Paul Tegler<br>
                        moz-do-not-send="true">www.teglerizer.com</a><br>
                      ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
                      **<br>
                      Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                      Archive: <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
                        rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                      Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/cliff_hansen@outlook.com";
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/cliff_hansen@outlook.com</a><br>
            ** <a href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; rel="noreferrer
              noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext">triumphs@autox.team.net</a>
            **<br>
            Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
              rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com";
              rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com</a><br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>