Re: [TR] Mixture - Check and Adjust ZS 175 carbs

To: "triumphstag@gmail.com" <triumphstag@gmail.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Mixture - Check and Adjust ZS 175 carbs
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 18:20:19 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1458827_1289987184.1639765219407

 Is that for domestic cars or just European cars?=C2=A0 This is the techniq=
ue used for decades for SU's but they had a piston lifting button that woul=
d lift the piston the prescribed amount.=C2=A0 The reason it worked is that=
 the needle was profiled to run rich at idle and lifting the piston would l=
ean it out.=C2=A0 When set right you will get a momentary increase in speed=
.
When US Emissions standards wet in running rich at idle was no longer an op=
tion.=C2=A0 The needles were profiled to run lean at idle to meet the CO an=
d HC levels prescribed by the EPA.=C2=A0 Lifting the piston on such a car w=
ill have no effect or will just cause it to slow down.=C2=A0=20

The only accurate way to set the jets is with am exhaust gas analyzer.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20