[TR] Update on 4a ride height

To: TR3 Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Update on 4a ride height
From: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 14:45:01 -0400
Drove the car a bit more over some bounces and some slight settling on ride
height measured from concrete floor to bottom fender lip at wheel center.
Still off side to side.  I did measure distance from floor to lower frame at
each corner near center of wheel.  Same measurements so frame sitting
correctly.  Could be some body settling issues with old body mount pads to
frame etc.  the bigger issue is I found out the Dayton 15x6 wire wheels with
205/65 15 tires is a bit too wide for car.  Going over an angled incline on
driveway caused the lower fender lip to cut into the tire.  I donâ??t think 185
tires would help.  The Daytonâ??s are sticking out too far.  So, I am planning
on switching to the 4.5 inch wire wheels with stock 165 80 tires.  If anyone is
looking for a nearly new set of Daytons. Home 72 spoke 15x6 tubeless wheel let
me know.  Can work a great deal.
Jim Henningsen
Ocala FL
61 3a