Re: [TR] Yellows

To: auprichard@uprichard.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Yellows
From: DAVE HOGYE <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 08:57:09 -0800 (PST)

------=_Part_58369_477727338.1612198629364

I had difficulty in finding a modern code that matched the original Pale
Yellow/Primrose paint code for my TR3A.  I found that the '68 Jasmine code
could be matched to a modern mix code.  It looked to be the exact same color.
I also had a panel with good original color for a computer read.  That read
came up with the modern 2 stage equivalent to a Volkswagen Beetle convertible
color, I think from the early 2000s, named Mellow Yellow.  It was only
available on the convertibles for a few years.  When I would see one of those
going down the road, even before I got the computer read, it sure looked like
Primrose.  So, I wasn't too surprised that the computer provided that color
read.
For the Jasmine mix, I lightened it a little to make it look more pale.  I
could get you that mix if you'd like.  I used Dupont Centary single stage.
Dave H.

>     On 02/01/2021 5:41 AM auprichard@uprichard.net wrote:
>

>     Listers:
>

>     How similar was the Primrose yellow used in the TR3 to the Jasmine used
> in the TR250 and 6?
>
>     Andrew Uprichard
>
>     Jackson, Michigan
>
>     ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs
> http://www.team.net/archive
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dlhogye@comcast.net

------=_Part_58369_477727338.1612198629364

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
#333333;">
finding a modern code that matched the original Pale Yellow/Primrose paint code
for my TR3A.&nbsp; I found that the '68 Jasmine code could be matched to a
modern mix code.&nbsp; It looked to be the exact same color.&nbsp; I also had a
panel with good original color for a computer read.&nbsp; That read came up
with the modern 2 stage equivalent to a Volkswagen Beetle convertible color, I
think from the early 2000s, named Mellow Yellow.&nbsp; It was only available on
the convertibles for a few years.&nbsp; When I would see one of those going
down the road, even before I got the computer read, it sure looked like
Primrose.&nbsp; So, I wasn't too surprised that the computer provided that
color read.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
#333333;">
I lightened it a little to make it look more pale.&nbsp; I could get you that
mix if you'd like.&nbsp; I used Dupont Centary single stage.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
#333333;">