Re: [TR] ZS Carb Question

To: Harrymague@aol.com,triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] ZS Carb Question
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 09:02:20 -0500

Low float level = lean, but it should still be adjustable.&nbsp; Did you
remove carbs / manifold?&nbsp; A vacuum leak would cause lean
running.<br><br>
Regards, Tony<br><br>
At 10:25 AM 7/8/2016, Harrymague@aol.com wrote:<br>
After doing some engine work, I notice that one of the cards had a small
leak.&nbsp; I replaced the bottom float seal.&nbsp; I doing so, I notice
that the float value appeared to be sticking so I replaced it.&nbsp; I
check the float level and it appeared to be the 16-17 mm tolerance
listed.&nbsp; I reinstalled the carb and noticed that the engine was
running a little rough.&nbsp; I used my ColorTune.&nbsp; It showed the
carb was running lean.&nbsp; I attempted to adjust the mixture but could
not get the carb to run any richer.&nbsp; My question is: if the float
was not adjusted correctly, making the level of fuel in the bowl low,
could this cause my inability to adjust the mixture rich??<br>
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.<br>
Harry Mague<br>
Beavercreek, OH<br>
1973 1/2 TR6<br>
** triumphs@autox.team.net **<br><br>