[TR] Overdrive issues

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Overdrive issues
From: "hdrider570@att.net" <hdrider570@att.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 18:04:40 -0700
--===============6717626627758316821==
 boundary="------------090905020000000900070805"

--------------090905020000000900070805

When I had this problem with a J type OD, it was wear in the pump
piston/bore.  This pump uses no seals so I expect that your mechanics
are talking about the accumulator piston(s).  Basically when the
piston/bore wears the clearances increase which allows oil to bypass the
piston resulting in lower pressure.  One thing that I noticed was that
the slippage was more pronounced once the OD warmed up thus reducing the
viscosity of the oil.

I expect that a worn drive pin in the piston could cause a similar
problem by shortening the piston sweep.

Bottom line is if you are not getting enough oil pressure, it is a
hydraulic problem which is either not enough supply (pump wear?) or
excessive losses somewhere such as bad piston seals etc.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA

--------------090905020000000900070805

  <head>

  </head>
      it was wear in the pump piston/bore.  This pump use<font
        face="Arial Black">s no seals so I expect that your mechanics
        are talking about the accumulator piston(s).  Basically when <font
          face="Arial Black">t</font>he piston/bore wears the clearances
        increase which allows oil to bypass the piston resulting in
        lower pressure.  One thing that I noticed was that the slippage
        was more pronounced once the OD warmed up thus reducing the
        viscosity of the oil.<br>
          piston could cause a similar problem by shortening the piston
          sweep.</font><br>
          enough oil pressure, it is a hydraulic problem which is either
          not enough supply (pump wear?) or <font face="Arial Black">excessive
            losses some<font face="Arial Black">where such as bad piston
              seals etc.<br>

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6717626627758316821==--