Re: [TR] winter storage

To: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@uprichard.net>, "'wbeech'" <wbeech@flash.net>,<triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] winter storage
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 10:47:14 -0500

I think you'd have somewhat better luck using non-ethanol blended
gasoline.<br><br>
Tony<br><br>
At 03:41 PM 4/29/2016, Andrew Uprichard wrote:<br>
 most
of which chose to reply 1:1.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
The fieldd seems split evenly between fill it versus leave empty or drain
=96 but, like Bill, everyone agrees with using stabilizer.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
I actually do use stabilizer =96 I think it=92s called Sta-bil =96 but
obviously something deteriorated over the winter in my case.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Andrew<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<b>From:</b> wbeech
[<a href=3D"mailto:wbeech@flash.net"; eudora=3D"autourl">
mailto:wbeech@flash.net</a>] <br>
&nbsp;<br>
I should think less fuel is better, with stabilizer, this way when you
add fresh it will have a better dilution ratio.&nbsp; Also, don=92t forget
to empty the carb float bowls, easily accomplished if you are using an
electric fuel pump and can simply disconnect it and let the car run to
empty.<br>
My thoughts, <br>
Bill B<br>
TS30800L<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<b>From:</b> Triumphs
[<a href=3D"mailto:triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net";>
Uprichard<br>
<b>To:</b>
&nbsp;<br>
I pulled a TR3 out of storage this week and noticed it was
detonating&nbsp; (which it didn=92t do last fall when last driven).&nbsp;
Have to assume it is a gas problem.&nbsp; Which begs the question:&nbsp;
store the car with a full tank of gas (with or without a stabilizer) or
as empty as possible?<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Andrew Uprichard<br><br>
** triumphs@autox.team.net **<br><br>