Re: [TR] TR6 oil pan gasket

To: Dave <dave1massey@cs.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 oil pan gasket
From: ptegler <ptegler@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 23:28:47 -0400
--===============1392234867784544241==
 boundary=------------4EED67D19D6384EE7C64A6A1

--------------4EED67D19D6384EE7C64A6A1

agreed.... suggest lifting the motor a bit...makes it easier. (undue
motor mounts)

lay the gasket on the glass, lay down a bead and set the pan on it. The
idea is to create a super flat gasket surface that will meet the block
upon re-assembly. The sealant between pan and gasket takes up all the
divits, dents non flat spots of the pan.

I do this same procedure on my valve cover gaskets. Makes it VERY easy
to remove and reinstall multiple times without issue as the Hylomar
never sets but seals extremely well.

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler ptegler@verizon.net www.teglerizer.com

--------------4EED67D19D6384EE7C64A6A1

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      (undue motor mounts)</p>
      it. The idea is to create a super flat gasket surface that will
      meet the block upon re-assembly. The sealant between pan and
      gasket takes up all the divits, dents non flat spots of the pan. <br>
      easy to remove and reinstall multiple times without issue as the
      Hylomar never sets but seals extremely well.<br>
      type="cite"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
        color="black" size="4">
            different opinions but here's mine:<br>
            I would use Felpro Form-A-Gasket #2 (or eq) to affix the
            gasket to the pan and Hylomar between the gasket and the
            block.<br>
            It's been a bunch of years since I tried this but I think
            the pan can come off in-situ if the motor mounts have not
            sagged too much.<br>

style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
          Message-----<br>