Re: [TR] alternator conversions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] alternator conversions
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:35:04 -0700
> Frank Fisher wrote:
>> worked on a guys 62(maybe) Austin Healy sprite today.
>> he had a moss alternator kit fitted by a DPO. lots of problems.
>> he would like to buy a replacement alternator but seems to not like
>> moss! any one know what the alternator is from?
When I converted my TR3 to an Alternator I went to Morgan Motors of New
England.

http://www.morgan-spares.com

They have a very nice kit that includes a dummy voltage regulator to
make the conversion wiring easier and maintain "the look".

The alternator went out on my on my drive to the Kastner cup races at
Laguna Seca.  A shop put a new rebuild kit into the alternator and I
made Laguna Seca a day late :(

TeriAnn

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive