Re: [TR] A type overdrive shim and spring binding

Subject: Re: [TR] A type overdrive shim and spring binding
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 08:58:02 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> My point being that at least .130" of shimming is O.K. for
> the small spring accumulator used on the TR6. At least, the
> factory said it was.

Makes sense to me.  I haven't tried to measure, but the main spring for the
small accumulator looks to have a lot more travel than the large accumulator
one does.  The spring has to exert a lot more force with the large
accumulator, and is wound with correspondingly heavier wire, leaving less
room between the coils.  And I think .130" of shim is OK even for the large
accumulator.

But for sure I am going to double-check, next time I start installing shims.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive