Re: [TR] Trip for Anniversary

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Trip for Anniversary
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 08:36:57 -0400 (EDT)
--===============0934473859==

--part1_2e5f1.39e86674.3b0e51e9_boundary

In a message dated 5/25/2011 12:19:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
sothornton@aol.com writes:
> My wife and I are taking a trip in our Triumph TR 250 to celebrate our
> 30th anniversary. The trip will take us from Bowling Green, KY through
> Indiana to West Va, then Virginia and end up back in Kentucky. In all, we
>will
> drive more than 2,000 miles in a week.
>
> My question to the List is- what tools, supplies and parts do I take? The
> car was professionally restored in 2008 and has been driven a few thousand
> miles since then, without incident. It has a Petronix unit installed.
>
> To add to the facts, we are staying at some nice hotels, all of which are
> more than 100 years old. So, with limited space we will pack both casual
> and nice clothing.

A friend of mine did something along this line many years ago.  He took a
catalog from Victoria British.  Depending on your schedule almost anything
you need is a day away.  Your AAA card will get you to the nearest town with a
hotel and Moss has a warehouse in your back yard.  I'd pack the little
stuff and some basic tools and if anything major happens you can always order
the parts buy the additional tools you need.

Worst case scenario: rent a truck and trailer and tow it home.

Good luck and enjoy the trip.  Sounds like fun.

Dave
--part1_2e5f1.39e86674.3b0e51e9_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 5/25/2011 12:19=
:21 AM Central Daylight Time, sothornton@aol.com writes: <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3DCITE style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEF=
T: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">My wife and I are taking a tr=
ip in our Triumph TR 250 to celebrate our 30th anniversary. The trip will t=
ake us from Bowling Green, KY through Indiana to West Va, then Virginia and=
 end up back in Kentucky. In all, we will drive more than 2,000 miles in a =
week. <BR>
<BR>
My question to the List is- what tools, supplies and parts do I take? The c=
ar was professionally restored in 2008 and has been driven a few thousand m=
iles since then, without incident. It has a Petronix unit installed. <BR>
<BR>
To add to the facts, we are staying at some nice hotels, all of which are m=
ore than 100 years old. So, with limited space we will pack both casual and=
 nice clothing. <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
A friend of mine did something along this line many years ago.&nbsp; He too=
k a catalog from Victoria British.&nbsp; Depending on your schedule almost =
anything you need is a day away.&nbsp; Your AAA card will get you to the ne=
arest town with a hotel and Moss has a warehouse in your back yard.&nbsp; I=
'd pack the little stuff and some basic tools and if anything major happens=
 you can always order the parts buy the additional tools you need.<BR>
<BR>
Worst case scenario: rent a truck and trailer and tow it home.<BR>
<BR>
Good luck and enjoy the trip.&nbsp; Sounds like fun.<BR>
<BR>
Dave</FONT></HTML>

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html