Re: [TR] TR2 Drum brakes

To: Loumetelko@aol.com, list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2 Drum brakes
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:49:36 -0400
--===============1855387257==

--bcaec519677d535e6a04a40f1509

the one in the long arch needs to be tightened.

I usually start from scratch and back both adjusters out.  Then I take each
one 3 clicks.  then I adjust one to tight counting the clicks.  Count back
half and tighten the other accordingly.

I'll do that on both sides - test drive and if not balanced - I'll pull that
wheel and tighten by one or two clicks - depending on how hard it pulled and
how many clicks are left.

I'm afraid you could have another issue.  When is the last time you replaced
the flex hoses?  I had a similar issue like this years ago. - one side came
on slower than the other and then stayed on longer - made for some crazy
braking....

Good luck.

--bcaec519677d535e6a04a40f1509

ke each one 3 clicks.=A0 then I adjust one to tight counting the clicks.=A0=
 Count back half and tighten the other accordingly.</div>
9;ll pull that wheel and tighten by one or two clicks - depending on how ha=
rd it pulled and how many clicks are left.</div>
you replaced the flex hoses?=A0 I had a similar issue like this years ago. =
- one side came on slower than the other and then stayed on longer - made f=
or some crazy braking....</div>

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive