[TR] TR4 front floor mats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4 front floor mats
From: Jay Holekamp <jholekamp@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 09:40:37 -0800 (PST)
"TR4s came with carpet but I had not heard of an original mat." This is =

inaccurate. TR4s were sold with rubber floor mats that snapped in and went =
from =

the front of the seats to up the foot-well. I have distinct memory of throw=
ing =

away the worn out mats=A0in my '64 TR4=A0and replacing them & the=A0origina=
l grey =

(turned brown) rayon carpets with a cheap black carpet set from J C Whitney=
 in =

the early 1970's.=A0 There is no source of repro TR4 rubber floor mats that=
 I know =

- a very scarce and seldom seen item.

The Roadster Factory, who did reproduce the TR3 rubber mats, had no interes=
t in =

reproducing TR4 rubber mats due to low demand for TR3 mats, the last time w=
e =

talked several years ago.=A0Maybe with the increased restoration of TR4s th=
is will =

change.

brgds, Jay
Wheaton Illinois USA