Re: [TR] TR3 Speedo cable

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Speedo cable
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:37:40 -0700
> What is the consensus of triumphazzi?

Not the consensus, just my opinion : It's an expensive, delicate,
failure-prone piece.  I've covered well over 100,000 miles with that "major
curve" as you call it (which is actually gentler than the other curves in
the cable) and never had a cable fail.  Didn't even bother replacing it when
I moved the OD to the 'project' TR3.

But I had gone less than 50 miles in the Stag, before it's _freshly
replaced_ angle drive died.

It's definitely a de-improvement in my book.  Unfortunately the Stag body
(like the other later Triumphs) makes it impossible to connect the cable
without using the angle drive.

Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html