[TR] TR3A Brake light switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Brake light switch
From: Q <hdrider570@att.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 07:58:42 -0700 (PDT)
I have had the brake light switch failure problem on my 1961 TR4 as well.  I
have replaced it 3 or 4 times now.  I recently switched to LED taillights so I
am hoping that this will work better.

The switch's that I have been using come from Napa Auto Parts.   They seem to
last about two years.  They are not expensive and I can change one out in a few
minutes so no big deal there.  I have a 90 degree fitting between the switch
and the junction block to keep the switch away from the exhaust, as such the
switch is facing up so it is an easy swap out.

I had assumed that it was the amperage causing the failure but I use silicon
brake fluid so perhaps Randal is correct in saying that is what makes them fail.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html