Re: [TR] Where does everyone put their left ARM in a TR6

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Where does everyone put their left ARM in a TR6
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 08:51:16 -0700
> Fred Thomas has a plexiglass molded arm rest that attaches to
> the side curtain brackets. Maybe he can supply a picture and
> where he got it. I'd like one, too.

I think Fred fabricated his own, inspired by some that Herman van den Akker
made up some years ago.  However, the purpose was not arm rest, but rather a
wind deflector.  They don't really provide any protection for the top rail,
but you could probably do something similar that would.

Not too complicated, just a bent piece of metal to fit into the front side
curtain bracket, and a piece of Plexiglas bent to roughly follow the contour
of the top rail.  I've taken the liberty of posting some photos that Fred
sent me a few years back at:
http://tinyurl.com/2wh229u

I thought I had some photos of Heidi van den Akker's TR3A with Herman's
version, but I can't find them at the moment.

Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47