Re: [TR] Triumph Part Numbers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumph Part Numbers
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 08:51:20 -0700
On 9/19/10 7:54 AM, Brad Kahler wrote:
> Like Andy I have all of the Lucas parts manuals that cover to to the
> mid 70s.  The problem with getting these posted online is the manuals
> are bound and hand scanning each page is very labor intensive.  I've
> often considered cutting the binding off and scanning them in.  Some
> would consider this blasphemy (right Andy!) but they aren't really
> doing anyone much good if they sit in a bookcase forever.  I'll have
> to rethink what to do about them.

Geeezzzz, You guys are beginning to make me feel guilty.  I'm beginning
to feel that if I were a good lister I should scan them and put them up
on the web.

Just sitting on a shelf in plastic dust covers I have:

Lucas equipment for 1961 cars and commercial vehicles

Lucas C.A.V. Equipment and spare parts for 1963 Standard & Triumph
(This one provides expanded drawings of assemblies such as the
distributor and calls out the part numbers of the parts within the assembly)

Lucas popular spares 1946-1960

And

Service Instruction Manual for the Laycock - De - Normanville Overdrive
Unit with Electrical Control (A Standard Motor Company Limited
publication (As fitted to the TR2)

and loose pages from an unknown publication titled " Transmission
Overdrive Laycock - de - Normanville, First type "A"  as applied to
Humber, Austin Healey, Triumph TR2-TR3, Vanguard, Etc. and for type "D"
as applies to Singer, Sunbeam, etc.  (These only cover the overdrive
that only engages in 3rd & 4th gear).

Teriann
1960 Land Rover Dormobile
1961 Triumph TR3A