[TR] Subject: pully failure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Subject: pully failure
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 23:31:27 EDT
When Triumph went to the alloy fan extension, they reduced the pulley bolts
 from 6 to 3; I have seen many more failures with this "TR4A" set up, and
started  modifying the later units for the 6 bolts, which cured the problem,
at least in  the short run.  For earlier cars, the problem was much less
common.

Hardy

From:  Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Subject: [TR] pully  failure
.
<snip>
So when I got home I opened up the bonnet to  let the engine cool thinking
just had a loose belt when I noticed a  small piece of metal on the frame.
It
was a 2" piece of the inner part of  the pulley where the timing mark is
located or was.

The bottom part  of the piece is not a fresh break so it looks like a crack
developed over  time and finally went today.

Has anyone else experienced metal fatigue  in the lower engine pully?

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive