[TR] GL5 in a diff

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] GL5 in a diff
From: "Brian Jones" <Brian.L.Jones@gsk.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:21:31 -0500
Randall: is there no yellow metal in the diff (unlike transmissions) to be
concerned about pitting and corrosion, or if there is yellow metal there, is
the pitting/corrosion risk from GL5 overstated?

Brian

> Are some of you using synthetic gear oil in your TR3 differentials?

I have been using exclusively Valvoline SynPower (full synthetic GL5) gear

oil in all my Triumph diffs for many years.  Never any issues, and in fact I

credit it for making the axle in my TR3A (which was already well worn when I

got the car) last for the 150,000+ hard miles that I drove it.

-- Randall

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47