Re: [TR] Replicate Cal. License Plates?

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Replicate Cal. License Plates?
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:12:33 -0700
On 8/11/10 6:56 PM, Andrew Mace wrote:
> That might work. But the law authorizing the CA YOM program refers to
> the "model-year when the vehicle was manufactured" and authorizes the
> DMV tomake their own determination as to when that was. I'm guessing
> it would have to be one of the last few (completed in Sept or Oct 62)
> in order to convince them it was a 1963 model. They probably wouldn't
> accept a car made in May 62 as a 63 model.

If memory serves, some TR3Bs have a 1963 tag pop riveted to the bulkhead
by the commission number.  The tag is red I think.  A 3B with a 1963 tag
should have had a black CA plate when first sold.

Teriann

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47