[TR] List diagnosis requested TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] List diagnosis requested TR6
From: TR6Quebec <TR6Quebec@videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:32:07 -0400
ED,
Darrell,

THIS IS A TEST AS MY PREVIOUS REPLY WAS NEVER POSTED..........
The +Famous; TR6 CLUNK in the back is a well known problem at the 6-Pack
forum.

It's the four(4) brackets holding the differential bushings that are cracked
and by the torque, moving forward or backward, is moving a little. The two
metal pieces friction along the crack is making that clunk.

I suggest you have a look at the many postings on several forums to have
access to photos and clear explanation on how to repair. The big three
suppliers are even selling reinforcement for those four brackets to be
welded, +boxing; the supports.

Robert
TR6Quebec

> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 17:49:50 -0400
> From: "Bob Danielson" <75tr6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
> Subject: Re: [TR] List diagnosis requested TR6
> To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>
> Ed,
> Can you better describe your inspection of the diff mounts for cracks. It
> doesn't take much of a crack to cause the dreaded clunk sound and it isn't
> always very visible. I had the clunk and couldn't find any cracks until I
> took a wire brush to the mount and really cleaned it up. Even then, what I
> saw surprised me that it was considered a crack as it looked more like a
> thin line in the mount. There's a couple of pictures about 1/2 way down
> this
> page http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/DiffMounts.htm
>
> Bob
>
> Bob Danielson