Re: [TR] long TR4 inlet manifold in a TR3A/B ?

To: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] long TR4 inlet manifold in a TR3A/B ?
From: tfansher@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:21:22 +0000 (UTC)
I did the conversion, but had to use HS6 (TR6) carbs so that the air cleaners
would fit.
So the longer TR4 intake manifold and "shorter" carbs results in a net gain of
almost nothing.
If you could get a set of blank air cleaners and then cut the appropriate
offset holes, you could probably
get around the inner fender problem. Or cut out and rework the inner fender -
much too much
effort for my blood. Again, my worked fine, but I'll leave it to the engineers
on the list to sort out
if there is any net good effect of the TR4 manifold and TR6 SU carbs.
Hope this rambling helps.
Tom
60 TR3A stock
61 TR3A modified