Re: [TR] Early TR2 Rear Tail Lights Wanted

To: tr4zest@gmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Early TR2 Rear Tail Lights Wanted
From: Andrew Mace <zoboherald@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:39:46 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Jones <tr4zest@gmail.com>

Oh, and this may be the bezel:
http://www.vintagesupplies.com/part.phtml?PartID=2174
however, not original.
And here are a pair of lenses on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/lucas-471-rear-light-lenses-from-Austin-Morris
-Triumph_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2556c25c18QQitemZ160369368088QQptZMotorsQ
5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Auction # 160369368088

==AM==
Wrong bezel, unfortunately; I'm pretty sure that the one used on the early TR2
is unique to that car. There was someone in the Netherlands, I think, who was
reproducing them. (Lou Metelko, where are you? Help us out here!)

The lenses are correct, although I've never been totally clear on whether the
early TR2 used the glass or plastic versions. (Oh, and contrary to the
statement in the auction listing, these were not used on Spitfires!)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net