Re: [TR] brooklands aero screens

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] brooklands aero screens
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:09:26 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/2009 11:09:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
wbeech@flash.net writes:
> TR3s up to around TS-32000 or 34000 have the factory bolts to mount the
> screens, after removal of the full windscreen as they cannot co-exist, on
> the front scuttle.  Windscreens are easily removed but would advise
> enlisting a helper if you value your paintwork.
>
> I saw somewhere recently a guy who was selling a re-pro screen that looked
> very nice for around $450ea.  I imagine there is a kit to mount them on
> later cars.

A friend here in St. Louis has a pair of aftermarket screens (I don't know
the source) and although they look real they don't quite fit the mounts.  So
beware and be prepared to improvise.

Dave

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net