Re: [TR] Engine Oil Dye

To: tputland@charter.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Engine Oil Dye
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 14:22:02 -0700
> A chain of FLAPS near me called PepBoys have a selection of dyes for
> detecting leaks of different fluids: oil, coolant, and refrigerant maybe

Kragen/Checker/Shucks/O'Reilly carry them too.

And Home Depot/Lowes/OSH have black light bulbs that will fit a standard
fluorescent desk fixture with an 18" lamp; much cheaper than buying a
purpose-made black light fixture (although not as convenient).

Another tip I've heard is to clean the area thoroughly, then put on a coat
of spray foot powder (the kind that dries to a white powder).  Not only will
it ensure your Triumph never catches athlete's foot, but the powder will
turn dark when it gets wet with oil.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net