Re: [TR] it has been a long week

To: jimmuller@rcn.com
Subject: Re: [TR] it has been a long week
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:29:48 +0000 (UTC)
>Spock isn't firing on all thrusters.B B <SNIPB > When I pulled the plugs the
front three were sooty, the
>back three relatively clean. B That suggests a bad front carb, though poor
firing would make them black anyway.B B

><SNIP>The float level is good and the needle valve isn't stuck.B B

Jim, am wondering whether, though the float valves are not stuck, whether a
piece of hose or other debris

might be partially blocking the carb for the front three cylinders.B  I've
experienced something similar, cured by

pulling the assembly and blowing backwards.B  To test, would it be possible to
pull the float covers, hold the

floats open, and have someone turn the engine over to see if gas is coming
through both equally?

A perk is you get to smell the nectar of raw gasoline dumping!B  Not to be
missed for monomaniacal gasphiles!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire

http://www.vtr.org