[TR] Stromberg Vacuum Ports - Follow-Up

To: nass@yahoogroups.com, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [TR] Stromberg Vacuum Ports - Follow-Up
From: Berger Bob <bberger720@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:11:14 -0500
All,

The suggestions I recieved were that the port on the bottom of the
Stromberg should have vacuum at idle and that the retard unit would
be fine if disabled.

I took the air cleaner off this evening and here is what I found -
the port is indeed on the engine side of the butterfly valve and when
the car is idling I can feel suction on my finger when I hold it over
the port, the suction goes away when I ran the idle up.

I set the timing to 10deg BTDC but I haven't taken it out for a drive
yet.

I'm planning on butting a screw into the port on the carb to cap this
off.

Berger Bob
78 Spitfire
St. Louis, MO