Re: [TR] Stromberg Vacuum Ports

To: "'Berger Bob'" <bberger720@sbcglobal.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stromberg Vacuum Ports
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 18:41:08 -0700
> The single Stromberg carb I have on my car has the vacuum
> port on the bottom.  Is this a port that will have vacuum at
> idle? or at speed?

Should be a retard port.  The advance port on ZS carbs is on the top.

But it's easy enough to check, just hook up a line and see if it has vacuum
at idle.  If you don't have a vacuum gauge, just hold your finger over the
end of the line for a second, then see if it pulls at your finger as you
pull it away.

> I currently have this disconnected and the timing set to
> 10deg Before TDC.

Personally, I'd leave it that way.  The vacuum retard wastes fuel and
increases CO2 emissions; which seem to me to be more serious problems than
any slight reduction in CO and HC it might provide.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net