Re: [TR] TR3A Locks Up

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Locks Up
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:21:41 EDT
In a message dated 10/11/2008 8:06:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
ebartle@hbci.com writes:
>   recently restored TR3A.  The problem:  The TR binds up when pushed
>     backwards, or many times when backing up, when backing up it break
>     loose and drive.  When the car is off and in neutral I can roll it
>     forward, but not backward. I have had a transmission person look at
>     it, local mechanic, and a foreign car mechanic who replaced the rear
>     brakes hoping that would solve it.
>        Any suggestions on how to solve the problem or for a mechanic who
>     cold help me out. We live in Winona, MN

Does your car have overdrive?  That sounds like the overdrive clutch
sticking.  There is a pretty active club in Minneapolis, I'm sure someone there
can
recommend someone.

Dave
St. Louis

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your
destination.  Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net