[TR] Genuine Lucas Sleeve/Rubber for Pre TS50000 TR2/3

To: Dave1massey@cs.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Genuine Lucas Sleeve/Rubber for Pre TS50000 TR2/3
From: Brian Thomas <thomasb@queensu.ca>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 07:43:50 -0400
Hi all,

If someone does pick up on Ken Gillander's design and go into
production, like Dave, I'd be game for two also.  FYI, I did write
Ken (BFEKen@copper.net) asking if he had any and he responded with
"None left, unfortunately".

I've copied Ken on this so he knows what we're discussing.

Cheers,

Brian

At 08:05 AM 2008-10-03, Dave1massey@cs.com wrote:
>"Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >> Have you contacted Ken Giilanders at British Frame and
> >> Engine? The one he put in  TS41723L has worked just fine
> >> since 1990.
> >
> >Ken had a special "fail safe" version made that provided the cushioning but
> >did not rely on bonded rubber to do so.  Basically steel 'paddles' bearing
> >on rubber in compression.  But he told me I got the last one maybe 10 years
> >ago now, and he wasn't planning on having any more made due to slow sales
> >and general lack of interest.
> >
> >But maybe if there is sufficient demand from those unwilling to install the
> >gear-drive starter; Ken could be persuaded to sell/donate the design to
> >someone like Joe Alexander or Charles Runyon to have another run made.
> >
> >Randall
>
>I'll jump on that band wagon.  Put me down for one.  Heck, I'll buy
>two just to get the ball rolling.  Anyone else?
>
>Dave Massey
>TS18010

>This list supported in part by the Vintage Triumph Register
>http://www.vtr.org
>

>Triumphs@autox.team.net
>
>You are subscribed as thomasb@queensu.ca
>
>http://www.team.net/archive

Brian S. Thomas e-mail: ThomasB@QueensU.Ca
Holliday Point          work:   613-533-2228
R R 1                   fax:    613-385-1948
Wolfe Island, Ontario   home:   613-385-1947
K0H 2Y0         toys:   54 TR2, 56 TR3, 67 TR4A, 80 TR8, 52 Ferguson TEA20

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net