Re: [TR] '73 TR6 silly question

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] '73 TR6 silly question
From: Joe Burlein <supertr6@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 07:50:18 -0400
Don't laugh.  I asked this question years ago.   Here are the two emails
I kept about TR6 tool placement. (another reason to go to a new
fangled BBS system with search):

Joe Burlein
72 TR6 (supercharged!)

"

From: rgb@exact.com
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jul  17:14:07 1998
Subject: TR6 - OEM jack handle location

I have never found an appropriate place to put the jack
handle in the trunk.   Where did the OEM guy's put it and
how was it wedged to prevent rattling, etc.?

Added note, the cars all seemed to come with these 4 items?

1.  jack - green, blue, black...  in that order '69-'76
2.  jack handle - black, blue, black... in that order '69-'76
3.  lug wrench - black
   OR
  knockoff thingee (was a hammer included?)
4.  tool kit - blue, slightly larger than a pocket protector
  (I have only seen small items here, no real tools)

A couple of cars have the remains of the tool strap, but I can
see no useful way to use it!

If anyone has a better sample of the OEM configuration, especially
the darn jack handle, I'd like to know!

Thanks,
Roger

--