[TR] TR3 stignition problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 stignition problem
From: Corey Sherman <cm.sherman@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:46:29 -0500 (CDT)
Hello everyone,
Frustrated as can be here... experiencing an intermittent
ignition/running engine problem: Occasionally the car starts, but after
a few minutes running it stalls and dies. Can't start it again for
another 20 minutes or so. I thought it was vapor lock, but fuel flows
freely. And so I began a series of diagnositics to  no avail.

Check the carbs - fuel in the bowls, jets working - ok
Check the fuel pump - flowing, and pumps when cranking - ok.
Pull plugs - check gap, inspected mix (rich/lean), and cleaned -ok.
Wires - inspected spark and replaced with new wires - ok.
Battery - replaced with brand new, negative ground - ok.

Distributor - Pertronix installed (may be problem*** - tech support no
help
- ordered points to convert back. Unit is 16U-12v, D-57 2, D-25)

Coil - ok (using Lucas Sport; swapped with another - no difference).
There is a unit between the ignition switch and coil - believe it is a
relay for the ignition switch assembly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Corey