[TR] TR3 H6 jet lever

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 H6 jet lever
From: LT <llst@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:12:51 -0700
I have been looking at the linkage on the H6 carbs of my 57 TR3 and
noticed that there is a lot of worn pieces that need to be replaced.
It is easy to identify most of the worn parts but I can not tell for
sure how bad the jet lever has worn.
The jet lever is the L shaped brass piece that connects to the jet and
on the front carb, the choke cable connects to a bracket on it.
My question is how large should the  hole be at the  base of the L where
it connects to the choke cable bracket?
The pin at this location is about 1/8 inch in diameter however the hole
in the lever is about 3/8 inch.
Is the hole suppose to be larger or has this just worn itself away? The
rear carb bracket is just as loose as the front one.
As most of the openings appear to be oversized due to wear, I was
thinking of filling them in and drilling them out to the correct size.

Larry

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net