[TR] Hydrogen fuel.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Hydrogen fuel.
From: tom white <tswhitez123@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:39:40 +0000
I saw a segment on the news the other night about a hydrogen kit for cars.  It
employs a mason jar as a generator, fills it with distilled water and some
baking soda, and it bubbles hydrogen.  The hydrogen is routed into the fuel
mixture before the intake manifold.  The lady interviewed that had one claims
it has doubled her gas mileage.  The kit cost around two hundred daollars.

Best regards,
Tom

> From: standardtriumph@btinternet.com
> To: fogbro1@comcast.net; triumphs@autox.team.net
> Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:46:53 +0100
> CC: tr3driver@ca.rr.com
> Subject: Re: [TR] Are Electric Pumps Going To Be Necessary
>
> Ed
>
> Interesting article. Personally, I've never come across this problem in
terms of modern fuels
> causing pumping problems per se.
> However, what I *have* encountered many times is a failure of rubber (for
want of a better word)
> components in the fuel system itself. In non-injection cars, I've seen many
mechanical pump failures
> where the chemical mix in unleaded fuels is well known to attack those
components that ran happily
> for years on leaded. This is a real problem on Triumph fuel injection cars
and the only way round it
> is to do a full service exchange on the metering unit, low pressure return
lines and pressure relief
> valve. However, its clear that unleaded fuel (as a generic) seems to come in
different complexions
> in terms of additives used and what we have in the UK may not be the same as
in the US. I do know
> that when unleaded was first introduced in New Zealand some years ago at the
same time as leaded was
> banned, there were horrendous problems with the fuel itself causing
breakdowns everywhere and
> nothing to do with valve seat recession.
> IMHO, if this issue worries you and your mechanical pump seems to be working
OK, either leave it
> alone or replace the *rubber* parts with neoprene units which are known (in
the UK anyway) to be
> completely unaffected by unleaded.
> FWIW ....
>
> Jonmac