Re: [TR] Grill (TR4 rally)

To: Mike Coe <coefront@shaw.ca>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Grill (TR4 rally)
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 07:18:53 -0600
Mike Coe wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Herald "early series" Grill is on my list of essentials. Please can anyone
>point me in the right direction in finding one of these. A replica, Shell 4000
>Cross Canada, TR4 Rally Car is under construction using the correct year TR4.
>The rally car had air grills in each front fender just ahead of the doors.
>Triumph took these from the Herald parts bin. Thanks. Mike.

I'm planning a similar project, but with less Canadian content. :)
Revington TR in the UK offers rally repro parts. Rather than hack up a
good Herald grill, you can get the wing vent grills made to fit along
with the ducts through the inner wing to outer wing.

Go to http://www.revingtontr.com/
Search on: DUCT FRONT WING TR4

RTR7019 is aluminum and RTR7060 is... not, I guess. The price of #52.50
a pair should be a deal in Canadian dollars!

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

http://www.vtr.org